You got to get used to sharing your thought on the right place, apply for cmlabs contributor now?
Where might you have seen our work?
Small places create combinations, but crosses that occur cannot provide many combinations. So be careful in making justifications, especially SEO.
Last updated: Jun 08, 2022
What Is Metadata
Metadata is a collection of data that contains information from a data so that the data is easy to manage.
The form of the metadata of a file can be different from other files. For example, the information content of a text will be different from the information content of an image or photo.
Example of Metadata
In everyday life, you often see the application of metadata. Five examples of metadata are:
Metadata in HTML files is usually not displayed on web pages but can be read by search engines. In HTML files, the metadata is written inside the <head> element.
Inside HTML files, the information stored in the metadata is the page title, charset, author name, keywords, meta description, publisher, and others.
Word Document Metadata
Metadata in word documents usually contain detailed information such as document title, subject, author name, tags, last saved time, and so on.
Music File Metadata
Music files also come with metadata such as artist name, song title, album name, genre, author name, year of release, and more.
When creating links using HTML, there are some commonly used metadata such as href, type (describes), rel, media, and sizes (sets the size of the logo image or font).
Digital Book Metadata
Some of the digital book information contained in the metadata is the book title, year of publication, author's name, language, file size, and so on.
Some of the functions of metadata are as follow:
- Easy to find the information you are looking for
- identify resources
- grouping the same information
- sort out different information
Types of Metadata
Based on its intention, metadata is divided into three types. The explanation regarding the types of metadata is as follows:
- Descriptive metadata is metadata that is used to search and find the information you are looking for such as titles, articles, and others.
- Structural metadata is metadata that is used to show something that has been arranged to become a single unit. For example, as in digital books, metadata is used to determine the order of chapters and the relationship between pages.
- Administrative metadata is metadata used to manage data. The examples are metadata that contains information on when the content was created, file type, copyright, and others.
Note: We have attached some of the most common questions asked by users below, along with their answers. To use the cmlabs Keyword Ranking Tracker application, you don't need to request for a quote from marketing. Please click login to the application.
WDYT, you like my article?