Where might you have seen our work?Small places create combinations, but crosses that occur cannot provide many combinations. So be careful in making justifications, especially SEO.
Last updated: Sep 13, 2022
What Is Backlink?
The backlink is the links from other sites that point to your website. It is also known as inbound links or external links.
The purpose of adding backlinks in SEO implementation is to assist website users in finding further information that is not available on the original website. Therefore, search engines use backlinks to indicate quality content that supports other websites.
Why Are Backlinks Important for Websites?
The backlink is one of the important components of SEO. If your website manages to get it from other sites, it's a sign that they recognized the credibility and benefits of the content you produce.
The more links you get, the better your website will perform on search engines. This way, your website will gain high authority and potentially rank better in organic search. This is why backlink in SEO is important.
However, if your site only gets spam links, of course, this will not increase your domain authority. On its assessment, quality is prioritized over quantity, so 1 high-quality backlink will be better than 100 low-quality ones.
In short, here are the benefits of backlinks for your website:
- Increase site credibility
- Get high domain authority
- Increase ranking in organic search
Different Types of Backlinks
In general, the types of backlinks are divided into three categories, based on quality, influence on ranking, and source of origin. Here is the explanation:
Based on Quality
Based on quality, there are two types of backlinks, namely quality and toxic backlinks.
- Quality - it is provided by trusted websites and relevant niches. It also allows you to increase your reputation, domain authority, and rank in the SERPs.
- Toxic -the one that is obtained from suspicious websites with irrelevant topics to your website's niche. This type can reduce the quality of your SEO.
Based on the Impact
In practice, backlinks can also be divided into two types based on their impact on website rankings, namely:
- Dofollow - a type that gives orders to search engines to crawl the intended link. It forwards the PageRank or authority of the originating page to the destination page so that it can help the website to get a higher ranking in the SERP.
- Nofollow - the one that asks search engines to ignore the intended link. It will not help the website to rank higher in the SERP.
Besides the quality and influence, there are also several types of backlinks viewed from the source.
- Comment - represents all backlinks obtained from comments on blogs or websites.
- Editorial - obtained naturally from other website content. It can be in the form of sources of information, references, or citations.
- Guest Post - obtained when you publish content on other websites.
- PBN - obtained from the Private Blog Network (PBN).
- Social Bookmark - it comes from a social platform that allows its users to share the link in it.
How to Create the Right Backlinks
Creating the right backlinks is important to avoid Google penalties. Here's the right way to create backlinks.
- Pay attention to Domain Authority: choose a website with a high domain authority to show the credibility of your website.
- Pay attention to Page Authority: a high page rank certainly has the privilege to place high-quality backlinks.
- Backlink Placement: Placing backlinks cannot be done haphazardly. Try to put it on a strategic page that has the potential to be visited by a large audience.
- Pay Attention to the Relevance: backlinks are required to have a close relationship with the context in which are discussed. That way, backlinks can help users to visit many other relevant pages.
- The Anchor Text: writing anchor text is important to help users understand where the backlink is heading. Therefore, anchor text must be able to define the content of the page to be addressed.
How to Build Backlinks
Here are how to build a backlink on your website so that it can increase domain authority and ranking:
Producing High-Quality Content
The first step is by producing high-quality content. The more other sites find benefit in your content, the more they will be happy to refer you and provide you with backlinks.
Publishing Guest Post
Guest post is an effective strategy in link building. This activity is an act of publishing articles on other websites. In doing guest posts, make sure to choose a website that is relevant to your niche to assure the quality.
You can include a link to your website in the references section. This practice can help you get more traffic from other sites.
Using Social Media
Apart from publishing guest posts, you can also use social media to share links to your website. For example, when you publish new content, make a post in the form of a simple snippet that attracts the audience to visit your website.
Using Backlink Services
If you want to get quality-assured backlinks, using a backlink service is a wise solution. However, you must be selective in choosing the services so that you are not exposed to Google guideline violations.
WDYT, you like my article?