Where might you have seen our work?Small places create combinations, but crosses that occur cannot provide many combinations. So be careful in making justifications, especially SEO.
Last updated: Nov 14, 2022
What is Page Builder?
Page builder is a plugin used to easily create or edit the structure and design of web pages. With this plugin, you don't need to have coding skills because there are various features, such as drag and drop, that will help you adjust the appearance of the website.
A page builder is not the same as a template or website theme found in a CMS (content management system). This plugin allows you to customize more freely; you are not limited to basic aspects such as fonts and colors.
To use it, you must first understand what it is: it enables you to create a complex and customized website appearance with the least amount of effort, time, and technical knowledge.
Reasons to Use Page Builders
Thanks to the existence of a CMS like WordPress, you don't need to have a website development background to be able to create a website. That's because WordPress provides a variety of plugins that will help users create and manage websites, one of which is a page builder.
There are many reasons why you should use this plugin. Among them:
- Easier content management: Thanks to the available features, you can manage content more easily.
- Can be customized: You are free to set the layout, colors, headers, fonts, backgrounds, and various other elements.
- Responsive display: There are features available to make the website look responsive whether on a desktop, tablet, or mobile display.
- The preview feature is available: During the website creation and editing process, you can preview the website before publishing.
- Time efficiency: The drag and drop feature saves you from needing to code for every website element you want to use.
- Suitable for all types of websites: You can build a wide range of websites, including blogs, news, e-commerce, company profiles, and many others.
- No need for a lot of plugins: There are many ready-to-use features, so you don't need to download a new plugin to use a feature on the website.
Examples of WordPress Page Builders
After knowing the benefits, you may want to know which page builders are available. For that, we provide several examples, especially in the WordPress CMS, because most websites use this CMS. Here is the list:
The most popular WordPress page builder in the world is Elementor. By 2022, Yoni Luksenberg and Ariel Klikstein's plugin will have been downloaded over five million times. You can use Elementor for free or for a fee. For your consideration, here are some of the advantages and disadvantages of Elementor.
- Hundreds of templates and widgets are available.
- Using a drag and drop system.
- The interface is simple and beginner friendly.
- Supported by a large community.
- There are no features for SEO optimization available.
- You will only get technical support when using the paid version.
- It takes up a lot of memory on the server.
- Websites tend to be slower.
WPBakery is one of the most popular page builders after Elementor. Since its establishment in 2017, WPBakery users have reached two million people. If you are interested in using this plugin, first know the advantages and disadvantages listed below:
- Third-party addons are available to customize the layout.
- Compatible with various WordPress themes.
- Can be integrated with various plugins such as WooCommerce, Yoast SEO, and others.
- No automatic backups.
- The loading is slow.
- A free version is not available.
Compared to some other page builders, SiteOrigin has a simple and beginner-friendly interface. There are not as many widgets on SiteOrigin as on Elementor, but all of them are compatible with the default WordPress widgets.
The main feature of SiteOrigin lies in its editor section. You can edit the appearance of the website directly or through the WordPress backend. Some of the advantages and disadvantages of SiteOrigin are as follows:
- The price of the premium version is more affordable.
- Can be used on various WordPress templates.
- Regularly perform feature updates.
- There are two options for editing methods.
- The number of widgets is limited.
- Cannot save the created template.
One of the most widely used page builders is Beaver Builder, which are available in free and premium versions. Unfortunately, the widgets in the free version are very limited; you can't even use the templates in this free version.
- Responsive on mobile displays.
- SEO optimization features are available.
- It loads faster because the code is clean.
- Code customization.
- The available widgets are incomplete.
- The template can only be used on the premium version.
WDYT, you like my article?