Where might you have seen our work?Small places create combinations, but crosses that occur cannot provide many combinations. So be careful in making justifications, especially SEO.
Last updated: Mar 28, 2023
What is Google Alerts?
Google Alerts is a free tool from Google that allows you to monitor the latest trends for a query. This tool will send an email to the user when Google finds new results that match the search query.
This tool is highly recommended for digital marketers. Because you will receive notifications about the latest articles related to the targeted keywords that have been determined from these tools.
By using this tool, you don't need to worry about receiving spam emails from Google. This is because the intensity of emails can be customized; you can choose to get daily, weekly, or even monthly notifications.
Google Alerts’ Importance for SEO
After knowing about this tool from Google, now is the time for you to know the importance of this one tool for SEO. Check out the full explanation below.
1. Help You Track Competitors
One of the benefits of this tool is that it helps you track your competitors. Tracking competitors is an important strategy to balance your website marketing strategy.
Determine one or several websites that are identified as your competitors. Then enter information about the website into the tool. Later, you will get email notifications regarding your competitor's activities.
2. Help You Get the Latest News
In addition of Google Discover and Google Web Stories With this alert, you can be notified about new stories/news that are currently popular among users. This tool will allow you to get notifications about the latest news related to the targeted keywords that have been previously entered.
That way, trending news can become new inspiration for developing content on your website.
3. Help You Analyze A Brand
Aside from notifying you of latest trends, this tool can also help you analyze a brand. As a result, this tool plays a critical role in maximizing SEO strategies. By using this tool, you can find out how people feel about a brand, whether it's yours or another company's.
To analyze a brand, you can type its name. After that, there will be many articles or news stories showing up related to that brand.
How to Use Google Alerts
After knowing the importance of Google Alerts for SEO, now you need to know how to use them properly. Check out how to use the tool below:
- Open the tool by going to https://alerts.google.com/. Make sure you are logged in using a Google or Gmail account.
- After successfully logging into the Google Alert dashboard, enter targeted keywords into the column provided.
- Customize by clicking on the "Show Options" menu, then set the alerts according to your needs. For example, you might want to set notifications to be sent once a week, among other options.
- If you have finished customizing, please click "Create Alert".
- If you want to delete one of the targeted keywords, select each that you want to remove. Then click the trash icon near the keyword.
WDYT, you like my article?