You got to get used to sharing your thought on the right place, apply for cmlabs contributor now?
Where might you have seen our work?
Small places create combinations, but crosses that occur cannot provide many combinations. So be careful in making justifications, especially SEO.
Last updated: Jun 09, 2022
Search Engine Result Page or SERP is a page displaying sites that are relevant to keywords that users type in search engines. The term Search Engine Result Page applies to all search engines such as Google, Yahoo, MSN, etc.
Functions of SERP
From SEO’s point of view and technically, SERP functions to show keywords ranking, page title, meta-desc, search snippet, and the competitors of a certain website.
Generally speaking, SERP functions to answer users’ questions in search engines.
- Carousel feature (usually displayed in F&B, Books, Public Figures, Movies, etc)
- Knowledge Graph (on the right side on the desktop version and on the top on the mobile web, usually displays important information, companies, public figures, maps, countries’ information, etc.)
- Location (on the top on desktop and mobile web version)
- Video Section (the place is flexible on users’ questions, frequently in the center and at the top)
- News Story (section for news from online publishing)
- Search Snippet Page (a short snippet from a web shown in the results)
- Gallery (does not always appear, section types may vary, usually appears at the top and on the center)
- Related Search (at the bottom, right after pagination)
Types of Search Intent
The SERP appearance is not always in lists, but in some cases it will show other results in addition such as:
Transactional ⟶ Trading, E-Commerce, purchasing goods
Informational ⟶ Brief Information, News Flash, Information Snippet
Navigational ⟶ Store Location, hotel Location, travelling place
Transactional displays from keywords of brand, price, and brand’s product.
Informational is on the right side of SERP displaying short information about a topic.
Navigational is useful for queries such as cake shops, restaurants, hotels, and other places.
SERP is a page displayed by search engines in responding to users’ keyword requests.
Sites' Order on SERP page
SERP would display 10 relevant sites with the order of:
- Four ads on the top
- Three Organic Results
- Three ads at the bottom
Note that it is not absolute. There may be 1-2 displayed sites each or none, depending on your keywords.
Components in SERP
Search Query is a series of words typed by users on search engines such as google, bing, yahoo, and so on. Currently search queries comes from not only the typing on a search engine, but also voice search using the Tect to Speech feature on Google, for example.
Organic Results is a list of website rankings naturally listed by search engines based on the keywords and relevance of the website.
Sponsored Results is a paid ranking of websites to get to the top of the search list.
Rich snippets are displayed by google on search results pages when a site contains content. Rich snippets that are supported in Google are:
- Product: Detailed information about a product from price to review
- Recipes: Information about food or drink recipes
- Reviews: Contains reviews of a place, movies, and so on.
- Events: Organized events to be attended by large numbers of people such as a music event or an arts festival
- Software: Detailed information about a software from price to reviews from users
- Work-related content
Featured Snippet is a summary of answers to user requests.
What is ON-SERP SEO
On-SERP SEO is an SEO strategy that focuses on placing as many rankings as possible in each target on the google SERP.
How to Optimize ON-SERP SEO
The way to optimize on-serp SEO is to identify which assets and content to optimize when there is demand from users and determine the appropriate keywords for that content. Currently, there are two elements in the google SERP, namely:
On-SERP elements that can change purchase browsing
Optimizable On-SERP elements. Some of these elements are:
- Video Carousel
- Image result
- Recipe Carousel
- Local Products
- Results from google shopping
- Interesting Finds on google
Note: We have attached some of the most common questions asked by users below, along with their answers. To use the cmlabs Keyword Ranking Tracker application, you don't need to request for a quote from marketing. Please click login to the application.
WDYT, you like my article?